Monday 11 October 2010

Dreams with deadlines

Bonjour Champions,

International author Brain Tracy was quoted as saying "Goals in writing are dreams with deadlines".


Imagine this, after 12 months in the sweltering heat of the Sahara desert, mosquito bites, acute dehydration and all sorts of infections, I find it! I have finally found it. The secret and mystical lamp of wishes. Immediately, I rub the lamp and the magical genie appears and tells me I have one wish and then I must pass this lamp on to a friend. They must also have one wish and then pass it on to another friend. Lets imagine, YOU, are the next recipient of the magical lamp. Now imagine I call you at 2.17am tonight, tell you the story about the magical lamp and immediately ask you to make your wildest desire come true. However, the only condition is that you only have 5 seconds to deciede on your one wish and make that wish.

Question? How many of us would be able in a communicate our truest heart's desire instantaneously. Could you honestly within 5 seconds state that dream or desire?. Probably not!. However, if I ask you what your mobile telephone number is, I am sure you could regurtitate it instantly. Embarassingly Jim Rohn, (One of my favourite authour) suggested that he found it"...fascinating that most people plan their vacation with better care than they do their lives..." I am confident, if half you sat in front of me and I asked you... 'What is your burning passion...?, What must you accomplish before you leave this earth'?, I am sure, I am going to hear the same old 'I want to be a millionaire', I want to travel to every nation of the world, I want happiness, etc. But the question is...DO YOU REALLY WANT IT!

Research suggests that approximately 3% of adults have clearly written goals, but this small percentage of people accomplish more than all of the others put together! Amazing right?

The only one way to achieve your desires, is to make them a reality, make them a part of you. Know and understand your goals a
s Earl Nightingale  suggested "People with goals succeed because they know where they're going." If you do not know what makes you tick, what gets your blood racing...You will never achieve it!

I implore you Today! Write down your goals. There is a magic about writing down your goals.
The act of writing down goals actually helps to impress these ideas into your brain, and you begin to accept that these are realistic goals that you will one day accomplish.

It enables you to pull your dreams out of the mind's realm and translate it into a physical form. Written goals enable you visualise them and plan them clearly. Bentley-Woode suggested that one should
"Decide what they want, decide what you are willing to give up or do for it. Establish your priorities and go to work on it." If you dont know where you are going, how will you ever know when your get there? Think about it!

"The person with a fixed goal, a clear picture of his desire, or an ideal always before him, causes it, through repetition, to be buried deeply in his subconscious mind and is thus enabled, thanks to its generative and sustaining power, to realize his goal in a minimum of time and with a minimum of physical effort. Just pursue the thought unceasingly. Step by step you will achieve realization, for all your faculties and powers become directed to that end." Claude M. Bristol

Have a brilliant week

No comments:

Post a Comment