Sunday 13 November 2011

Wake up!


Morning Fellow champs,

As I write this letter today, I wonder whether I will be accused of being the greatest hypocrite alive. I wonder whether I will have the guts to actually practise what I preach weekly. Will I ever develop the courage to pursue greatness. I wonder if I will achieve my greatest desires, because I embrace fear, defeat and refrain from developing the mind-set of a champion and overcomer.

Do you ever find yourself asking yourself these questions? I do...

But today must be different. Today, I intend to make a change, in fact I choose to make a promise to myself that I will endeavour to take the appropriate steps to re-shape the course of my destiny. I will take my destiny, goals, dreams into my own hands and I will ensure that 'I WILL SUCCEED'.

Dale Carnegie once noted "The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore." I generally find myself getting into trouble, simply because I can not back down from a dare, in fact if 'Double dared' me and I reckon I would do anything! Double Dare yourself TODAY, dare yourself to put in what is required [time, elbow grease and the ability to rise after a failed attempt] to because a champion. Collins Dictionary defines a champion as "The position or title of a winner" That is you. The winner!

Did you know that winning is a process, no one wins every time, let me explain in fact, Thomas J. Watson explains it better, he quoted "Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success".

I can guarantee you that you will fail, however, you will learn from them and go on to eventually win.

Stop being fearful of failure. According to Eleanor Roosevelt  "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

Go forth, fail, but arise.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment