Sunday 19 June 2011

I'm fed up!

Hi guys,

It’s really amazing to read feedback and attempt to answer any question our readers have. Last week, I was asked a very interesting question. ‘Do you ever face any challenges?

Since we are all being open, I thought I would answer that question the best way I know how. However, I must ask - Can I be honest? Will it cloud your judgement of me? Will I appear weak?  In fact, right now, I couldn’t care...Just bare with me as I transcribe my feelings in this email.

As someone who writes articles and emails about the merit of success, motivation, goal setting, relationships, etc, you would naturally assume that my life was nothing but sweet smelling roses. Can I be really honest? Will you stop reading my blog? Will you begin to think that I'm a failure? Regardless! I intend to continue.

For many who know me personally, you already know that this year, has been nothing short of a challenge. I have faced a number of set backs, trials, embarrassments, arguments, etc. At the beginning of 2011, I set myself a number of targets, although some have manifested and blossomed beyond my wildest expectation, there is still that sense of unfulfillment. Can I be honest? I feel dejected, I'm tired, I'm fed up, in actual fact I can’t take it anymore.

If I’m correct, many of you also feel the same. Does it sometimes feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall? You just want to give up. It success really going to happen? Do people like you ever become successful? Are you ever going to attain your goals and desires?

I sometimes feel like giving up!

But every time I close the chapter and attempt to give up, a quote I read years ago rears its beautiful head and encourages me to KEEP GOING. Joan Collins wrote, "If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade". My God the amount of citric acid I have drank in the last 6 months is enough to give you a stomach ulcer. When life throws you a challenge, find an opportunity. Many of us give up just before the reward is revealed. - William Feather, the American publisher suggested that "success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go". Can you hold on for another 10 minutes, can you withstand the pain for another 1 hour, can you endure the pain till your prize is claimed. Come on!

I have learnt one truth. And I hope that if all you take away from this article is this amazing quote "Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock".

Giving up is for wimps. Grab your goals. Re-ignite that fire and set the world ablaze.

There is never anything wrong with being de-motivated, as long as you do not remain there. Find your motivation today. If you need a re-boost on maintaining your motivational levels, read our old article titled ' http://imaginemyword.blogspot.com/2011/03/secret-behind-motivation.html'

Come on lets have an empowering week


No comments:

Post a Comment