Wednesday 15 September 2010

Music to my soul

Music to my soul.

According to the Collins English Dictionary, the term motivation is generally described as the 'activation or energization of goal-oriented behavior'. Motivation is said to be intrinsic or extrinsic. Thus suggesting that the process of motivation can come from internal values or external activities. Motivation is a significant action required to confidently encourage us to pursue our goal.

Personally many people have found methods of inducing enthusiam or motivation into thier everyday endeavours..

Many of you, like me, suggest that in order to prepare ourselves for the challenges of the day, many of us read motivational messages like this or carry out some other form of activity, for example, reading religious teaching, going for a gentle morning run, going to the gym and many other things.


An interesting form of effective motivation was introduced to me a few months ago. This process has proven rather successful in preparing for my day and week ahead.
I came across a quotes by Cervantes, who implied that 'Music is the cure to our everday woes'. Yes 'Music'!.

According to scientists, over many year, music encourages and inducing emotions from deep within us. Whether on a consious or sub-consious level, Im sure many of us understand the power music has over us and our actions. TR Bentley-Woode stated -
'Where better to conjure up the spirit and boldness needed to face challenges, than music'. TR Bentley-Woode implied that if music is as powerful as many scholars and artist suggests then one should have a theme song that ignite that glorious, consuming and unstoppable feeling.

Let me give you a better understanding. In my line of work, where pressures and stress if constant, many of my colleagues listen to tracks such as the legendary Rocky theme song - Eye of the Tiger - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4giqtbRBM&feature=related). This automatically provides a surge of energy or activation (MOTIVATION).


I personally listen to a number of track that instantly get me going, For example Im a Survivor by Destiny Child or Closer to my dream by artist Goapele. I arise up and sleep to this songs. Once you attach importance and emotion to the song that you CHOOSE today. You will see the changes it makes to your life and goals.One of my favourites is (A man who cant be moved by the Script) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16nOViwmSJ4&feature=av2e - This song encourages me in the face of adversity to stand strong and face my goal. BECAUSE I CAN NOT BE MOVE.


A self-employed friend of mine, whenever things are getting heavy and stressful, he resorts to playing a song my JayZ -Show me what you got- (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS4U-HAHwps&feature=av2e) He suggested that the reason that this song re-motivates him to keep going and pursue his goals, is because the song is simply identical to his goals. He said
'Choose an anthem, make it relevant and make sure your heart is involved and watch, how powerful its effects are'.

I impore you today analyse your favourite songs, select one that you feel is relevant and use it a catalyst when you embark on your daily endeavours. Its work.


I have included a number of my motivational song below. Whenever I hear these songs they ignite a feeling of excitment and determination.


The Script - The man who cant be moved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16nOViwmSJ4&feature=av2e

The Killers - Human - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y&feature=av2e

Destiny Child - Survivor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9fr5QkDWYs

Travis McCoy - I wanna be a billionaire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aRor905cCw


Have a brilliant week

No comments:

Post a Comment